Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!
NOTICE (Posted 06/12/2018):
AboutFace just received the top rank (5 stars) in mystery shopping from Top Consumer Reviews for 2018. Check it out here: https://www.topconsumerreviews.com/mysteryshopping/index.php.
NOTICE (Posted 05/16/2018):
AboutFace is giving you a special code that allows you to receive a $35 discount when you register for a MSPA Americas ShopperFest Certification in Grapevine. Click here to register and enter the code 18shopperfest to receive your discount. This special code can only be used once by you and is only available for a limited time.
Here’s your opportunity to become one of the most valuable, go-to evaluators in your area. Learn first-hand from top industry owners in the field, network with key executives, get certified, and so much more—and it’s all close to home! ShopperFest 2018 takes place June 15-17 at the Embassy Suites DFW North. Check out our full agenda to see what’s in store. We hope to see you there!
NOTICE (Posted 03/07/2018):
Eat. Shop. Get Paid with Gigspot!
Savvy shoppers understand that being able to complete reports while on the go is a vital part of making the most of each assignment.
One of the biggest headaches evaluators complain about is getting back home, or to their hotel, and spending time doing long reports and uploading photos and videos. Apps, like Gigspot, are available to assist in streamlining things, like picking up shops in a given area, and quickly viewing assignment details with an option to apply, or self-assign, right at your fingertips. Gigspot bring thousands of assignments to one central place, saving time and money. For more information visit https://gigspot.com/ or download it from your app store.
MobiAudit is an app used by hundreds of evaluators industry wide to collect data on the go. Enjoy the way to geo-locate all proof of visits and make reporting easier offline or on the go with MobiAudit. Use the mapping feature to grab open shops along the way to your next destination. MobiAudit is available on Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices.
Why should I use these apps?
Perhaps the best thing about these mobile apps is the ability to enter your report in real time while onsite. Both apps have an offline capability to allow you to record data while it is fresh in your mind, and upload photos and receipts right away, to stay organized.
Report not complete? No problem, just make sure all your information is saved, and be sure you sync all the data so the report can be finished at a later time.
Apps like Gigspot and MobiAudit ARE the next wave of conducting field research in a more convenient way.
NOTICE (Posted 01/09/2018):
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!
As we begin some new and exciting assignments just launched for 2018, we wanted to send a friendly reminder to all our evaluators that your proof of visit quality is an essential part of any report. This information is used to validate what is being reported to the client.
Here are the top 5 Ways to be successful with proofs of any visit, and to make sure your proof of visit feedback scores are always excellent.
- Pay special attention to the times you enter and exit a location. Closely monitor the times you wait or are on hold, down to the second.
- If you are asked to count things, like employees or customers, carefully do this, and make sure those numbers are accurate.
- When reporting, questions such as counts and times are in the form of a drop-down menu. It is imperative that all questions are scored accurately. If you report the time as 12:15 but it is verified as 1:15, then a client can choose to invalidate an entire, otherwise valid, report that you spent a great deal of time completing.
- Don’t EVER begin a shop without your location services being turned on. Location services should be turned on for your clock in your general settings or with a time stamp app as well. This documents to us that you are at the assigned location when you say. All photos should be time stamped with a geo locate ability. This is an added layer for your protection when shops are questioned. Ensuring all photos are time stamped and geo located should be a best practice for any professional evaluator. If you don’t understand these requirements, you should speak to your scheduler, or look for other assignments such as phone or web shops. Sometimes time stamped photos are used to show us how long you were at the location.
- In any event, where a purchase is required, a receipt will always be necessary for you to be paid a reimbursement. Without this, we simply cannot take a report. Things like a credit card statement, do not offer the client what is needed. Receipts are used to verify times, purchases and sometimes employees. When a receipt is not provided to you, you should ask and insist that you obtain one by saying, I am required to get a receipt for tax purposes, or I must give my receipt to my boss for reimbursement. If a purchase is NOT part of your evaluation, it may be a best practice to make a small purchase to verify you were onsite when reported.
Happy New Year from all of us at AboutFace. We want to wish you great success in 2018. Stay tuned for more exciting Extra Extra News!
NOTICE (Posted 09/21/2017):
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!
Evaluators, MSPA has some exciting news. MSPA Certifications are now available online!! Head over to http://www.mspa-na.org/certification to get started.
We have bundled some of the courses together for a discount. If you register by September 30th you will receive a 10% discount on all courses and bundled options. Use the code 17cert10 upon check out.
Use this code at checkout.
NOTICE (Posted 08/23/2017):
Each day we get several emails and calls from people who want to become a better Mystery Shopper, so we gathered some information for you to have at your fingertips.
In all things, we should strive to be the best version of ourselves. Some go out and get advanced degrees for their occupation, but how does one advance their skills as a shopper? It’s important to remember that there is quite a bit of competition out there. So how can you set yourself apart from all the other shoppers in our industry? One answer is to become a certified shopper.
There are many shopper certifications available to you through professional organizations, such as the MSPA and the IMSC. This advancement lets MSPs and schedulers know that shoppers are serious about shopping. We know to these shoppers, this is more than just a hobby.
Once you’re certified, a scheduler now knows you are aware of, and have mastered, the skills needed to overcome many different scenarios that may come up while performing an assignment. This allows you to feel like an actual customer and not a mystery shopper when completing jobs. There are certifications for things such as ethics, report writing, and specialty types of shops as well. No matter the certification you take, all give you an upper hand when battling for that open shop everyone wants.
Additionally, if you are ready to move your shopping experience to the next level, organizations such as IMSC, MSPA, as well as other vendors, can certify you for video shopping.
Attending webinars and conferences are also a fantastic way to network with other shoppers, meet MSP company owners and employees to gain a wealth of knowledge.
Take a look below:
The MSPA is coming off a record breaking ShopperFest! This year in June, well over 100 attendees spent two days attending educational sessions and becoming certified in various MSPA courses in in Orlando, Fl. There are exciting other opportunities around the corner with the MSPA. Take a moment to view the MSPA Website for information on available certifications and tools and consumer tips for contractors. Click HERE.
The IMSC will be hosting their largest annual conference of the year on November 5th – 8th 2017 in fabulous Las Vegas for their annual Mystery Shopper’s Conference. Two full days of education and networking with industry leaders, schedulers, editors, and shoppers just like you! Whether you are new to mystery shopping or a long-time shopper, there is a wealth of information to be gained! Click HERE.
Video shopping Pros will have the following certification workshops this year as well as VideoCon18, a large Video Shopping conference in July 2018. http://videoshoppingpros.com/
September – Tampa, FL – Video Training Advanced – September 5, 2017
November – Las Vegas, NV – Video Training Advanced – November 5, 2017
November – Las Vegas, NV – Video Training Basic – November 8, 2017
There are so many ways to become one of the elite in our industry, but we believe being a certified shopper who networks and continuously invests in the some of the resources listed above, is a great place to start. The benefits will certainly take your shopping skills to the next level.
IMPORTANT SCAM NOTICE (Posted 03/17/2017):
At AboutFace, we value our shoppers and want to educate them to look out for scams that may seem too good to be true shopper. Unfortunately, Shopper Scams are becoming more prevalent in our industry and recently AboutFace has been made aware of a shopper scam using the AboutFace name and Logo.
WHAT TO DO:
If you have received an email or letter from anyone claiming to be with AboutFace other than an AboutFace scheduler:
1. Please contact your local police department and file a report with www.ic3.gov.
2. You can also go to the following link to find out more information on how to report potential scammers: http://www.mspa-na.org/benefits/avoid-scams
We encourage you to work with authorities to stop this. Protect yourself first.
HOW TO TELL:
1. AboutFace does not send out checks in large sums, and all checks will have our Corporate address listed. We pay our mystery shoppers via PayPal unless it is a special project. If checks are received, do not cash them.
2. All AboutFace emails are sent to you with the aboutfacecorp.com domain only. Our corporate offices are located in Georgia so please be on the lookout from emails and letters that do not support the above.
We value all of our shoppers who work hard, and we regret that is an ongoing problem in this industry. If you receive correspondence of this nature from a company posing as AboutFace please contact our Anti-Scam Response Team as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.